Monday, April 16, 2012

Of course, my best blogging happens when I have a paper due.

Tomorrow morning, I have a five page-paper due. Instead, I'm blogging. Because sometimes you just have to stop writing about Bill Clinton's 1993 inaugural speech and instead write about anything else for a little while.

About one week from today will mark two months of my life as a missionary girlfriend, and it never ceases to amaze me how hard things seem like they will be while I'm dreading them for weeks and months leading up to them, but once I actually get there, it's never nearly as bad as I imagine it will be. I think it helps that my mom was inspired to spend my whole life telling me that if the guy is worth marrying, he's worth waiting two years for. Actually, I'm pretty sure she started teaching me this lesson long before either of us ever joined the church, which is a little weird, thinking back now. But anyways, the beginning of the wait is over, and that's supposed to be the hardest part, right? Right?

I read on a blog somewhere else on this giant internet some advice for girls who were preparing to send a missionary off. Something stuck out to me that went somewhere along the lines of "Right now, you may love his voice. Or his smile. Or his eyes. But for two years, you're gonna have to love his handwriting." I have not read a more accurate summary of what it's like to be a missionary girlfriend anywhere else.

But... the upside to all of this is that I can focus on school. Uh... yay? Basically, it's almost finals week, and I am ready for summer. When I'll be doing online courses... My enthusiasm for school is not at the highest it's ever been right now. That's alright though. I am so close to done! And then summer will come along, and it will be absolutely marvelous.

Finally, because I just really need a list to cheer me up from school, here are some things that I am truly excited for:

1. My next letter from my missionary.
2. School to be DONE.
3. The multiple craft projects that I really am going to do this summer.
4. The closing Institute social this weekend. Free food is always a good thing.
5. Moving to New York at some point in my life, even if it's just for a couple of months.
6. Going to bed.

Well, I guess I'll finish this post up so I can finish my homework and get that last item on my list DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment