Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pokenails.

Sometimes, I am incredibly nerdy.
Sometimes, I am mostly just girly.

Other times, those two sides of me meet and create something extraordinarily me.

Today was one of those days.

It all started on, of course, Pinterest. I found a link to this: http://www.ohsoprettythediaries.com/2012/04/manic-mani-monday-flame-manicure.html

It was a way to make wonderful designs on my nails, something which I had never been able to do because frankly, I just have a horrible time trying to use my left hand to do anything. But here was a magnificent method to turn my nails into works of art, full of expression and beauty.
And so it began.

I tried this a couple of times before, but neither attempt was picture-worthy. Or really worth having on for any amount of time at all. My third attempt, however, worked quite well, and that is what brings us here.

Here is the finished result:

Pokenails.

This was such a fun project, and one that I know will make a certain Elder Wil Wixom proud, when he finally hears about it sometime in the future. (Japan is SOOOOOOOOOOO far away!)

While there are a few things I would do differently to give them an overall cleaner look, I am quite happy with the finished result, and my inner nerd is squealing, along with my inner girl.

2 comments:

  1. Love the nails. I know two little girls that would love to let you use them for practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a lot of fun. I just wish I could draw a lalaloopsy doll on that small of a scale for Emily.

      Delete