Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmm... college.

Well, here I am. A freshman again. The newbie. The young one. The baby of my school. Now, I must admit, college life so far hasn't been that hard. I'm sure there will be days that aren't gonna be as easy, but so far, so good. It's mostly been a lot of chilling with friends. And a little homework now and then. Also, lots of junk food.

Side note: Peanut butter M&Ms are good. Regular M&Ms eaten with actual peanut butter, on a knife, are even better. :)

Now, as many of you know, I dislike math. I GREATLY dislike math. In fact, it was probably the main reason I did not get a 4.0 my senior year of high school. My most painful experience to this day has been the AP Calculus exam. I HATE MATH! I have always hated math. It has been a kind of defining characteristic of Nataly. Now, though, I actually think that math and I will end on a good note. This semester is my last math class. EVER. Unless I switch majors later into something science-y or something. (Which at this point, I'm thinking won't happen. I think I'm basically gonna stick with the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.) The good thing, besides it being my last class, is that Stats actually does not sound that bad. I am actually hopeful for an A this semester. :O

French, however, is being slightly annoying right now. First, we had a nice, expensive book that we had to buy for one-hundred and sixty dollars. Fine, at least we knew about it for a while, so we could buy it, get our minds around having to buy a book that expensive, and maybe even save up money specifically for that book, so it wasn't so hard to have to buy. I would have been fine with this one super-expensive book, but then I found the second day of class, less than a week before our first assignment was due (and I've actually not been procrastinating, so I have been itching to get this assignment done.) that we need to buy some software. And an access code. That cost another seventy dollars. ... That is two-hundred and thirty dollars for one class. On top of tuition AND separate class fees. Freaking French. But hey. At least I can tell you that my name is Nataly in an incredibly more attractive way than before. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment