Thursday, June 30, 2011

Silly spanish translations.

Lately, I have been translating from {english to spanish} and {spanish to english} a lot. Through this, I have learned that there are lots of very silly phrases that are normal in their original language but are quite silly when translated literally. I will list a few here.

Meter la cuchara {spanish}
- Literally: Stick your spoon in.
-Meant as: Stickin' your nose where it doesn't belong!

Mocosa {spanish}
-Literally: Boogery
-Meant as: Bratty

Codo {spanish}
-Literally: Elbow
-Meant as: Someone who is cheap.

Me caes gordo(a) {spanish}
-Literally: You fall on my fatly.
-Meant as: You annoy me.

Sana, sana, colita de rana. Si no sana ahora, sanara manana. {spanish}
-Literally: Heal, heal, tail of a frog. If it doesn't heal today, it'll heal tomorrow.
-Meant as: Just a silly little rhyme to get little kids to stop crying when they're hurt.

Well, considering I've only been able to think of this many of the course of several months, (actually, I'm sure I've remembered more, but I forget them before I write them into the draft of this, so they're gone.) I'm gonna just end it there and post this. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment