Friday, March 4, 2011

Quilting, among other things

Let's start with the other things. I promise I will get around to quilting, unless of course, I fall asleep, in which case, this won't be getting posted anyways.

Item one of 'other things':
Preference is TOMORROW. As in, when I go to bed, and wake up some time later, it will be the day of Preference. I'm pretty stoked. Our day date is gonna be rad (I'll have to post the details later. Wil might randomly check my blog and I've decided I'm surprising him.), my dress is green and my makeup is gonna be awesome. Amazingly so. Yeah, I'm pretty siked. Syked? Psyched? Idk.

Item Two:
Tomorrow is also the baptism of some kids in our branch. The primary president asked some of us young women to sing for it. Which means I have to wake up early enough to get to the stake center by nine. I'm excited about the singing, usually they just want me for my cello, but that still doesn't make me great friends with early mornings.

Item Three:
The due date for all late work was today. I kinda like that feeling of, 'well, I tried, and there's nothing I can do now.' This next week is like, the chill week of the quarter. Kinda.

Item Four:
Wil is gonna look HOT tomorrow. My mom and I are both excited to see him.

Item Five:
There is no item five, but I really like having things in sets of fives or tens, so I had to throw this in here.

And finally, Quilting:
As part of one of my projects for my YW recognition award, I am making a quilt. Each square represents a chapter of the BOM along with eight squares representing the YW values. When we started the quilts, I managed to find some old squares of my grandma Nathel's (My dad's mom) that had, for some unknown reason, ended up in my family's possession. I am making my BOM quilt out of these squares, which is really an amazing link to her. But to add to the meaning of this quilt, our Spanish Branch YW have been helping me to make it, which is just awesome. I'm gonna be graduating both school and YW soon, so it'll be nice to have something to remind me of those girls even when I move away. It's amazing how much I care for all of those girls, even though I've only known some of them for no longer than a month. I guess that's the power of the Gospel.

(I really feel like saying 'In the name of Jesus Christ, amen', but I'm not sure how appropriate that is, so instead...)

Hasta la vista, Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment